OS X Mavericks Free Upgrade – Head to Mac App Store TODAY if you own a Mac
If you own a Mac capable of running OS X Mountain Lion then Apple brings you a free upgrade to its latest OS update ‘OS X Mavericks’ absolutely free of cost. All you need to do is head to Mac App Store from your Mac and download the latest release.
World’s most advanced desktop operating system (as claimed by Apple) brings its 10th OS release – OS X Mavericks.
What are the upgrades?
The Mavericks boasts over 200 new features along with battery and performance upgrades. The technology behind the new OS enabling more juice out of your Mac and performance is its new core technologies, as claimed by Craig Federighi, senior vice president from the Software Engineering division of Apple.
Along with key improvements in performance and battery, the update brings in many new features. Some of them are as followed:
- iBooks Store: over 2 million titles to access, effortless integration across Apple devices and more.
- Maps: Powerful Mapping service now comes to your desktop. Plan a trip on your Mac and then sync it with your iPhone so you get voice navigation when you hit the road.
- Calendar: When you make appointment entries in calendar, you can estimate the time for travel between two appointments and provide a map with weather forecast.
- Safari: An upgraded version of Safari enables you to see links of what’s new and trending shared by people you follow on Linkedin and Twitter.
- iCloud Keychain: A safe haven for all your passwords, be it your email accounts, credit cards or Wi-Fi, keep them safe on iCloud so you don’t have to remember each time you need them.
- Enhanced Multi-display support: Configuration-free multi-display support for easier operation.
- Interactive Notifications: Respond and reply to notifications like email message or FaceTime call without leaving Apps you may be currently using.
- Finder Tags: An innovative and powerful way to find your files, locate and organize them on iCloud or your iMac.
The OS X Mavericks achieves improved battery performance with Timer Coalescing and App Nap. The inactive data in your Mac gets automatically shrunk by Compressed Memory that makes your Mac with Mavericks fast and responsive. With its optimized OpenCL support and dynamic video memory allocation, systems with integrated graphics get a noticeable boost in performance.
To upgrade your Mac to Mavericks today, visit Apple Mac Store from your Mac. To view your system compatibility with the new OS X Mavericks, visit www.apple.com/osx/specs.
This article has been sourced originally from the Apple press release page.